During this 5 day advanced course you will learn in detail about many aspects of test management. In this interactive course, you’ll learn the practical application of risk-based testing and test management tasks including planning and estimation. You’ll also learn how to manage stakeholders, form test teams with the relevant competencies and skills to ensure effective resourcing and undertake test process improvement initiatives. Extensive practical exercises and discussions play an important role throughout this course. The Advanced Test Manager course is designed for experienced testing professionals looking to move to a test management role. Build your test management skills. Gain advanced skills for managing test teams to deliver successful software testing projects.
This 5 day course is based on the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager syllabus. Participants are throughout this course also prepared to successfully take the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager exam.
- Test planning (master test plan and phase test plan)
- test process, including entry and exit criteria
- Test documentation, test policy, test strategy
- Test estimation, e.g., Test Point Analyses and wide-band delphi
- Risk assessment techniques and methods
- Reviews and inspection, including defining a review strategy
- Test team dynamics and motivation
- Interpersonal skills, including communication
- Incident management
- Defining a test approach, including choosing test techniques
- Test process improvement; TPI-Next and TMMi
- Test assessment and test improvement plan
- Tools to support test management
- Test tool selection and implementation
- Manage a testing project by implementing the mission, goals and testing processes established for the testing organization
- Organize and lead risk identification and risk analysis sessions and use the results of such sessions for test estimation, planning, monitoring and control
- Create and implement test plans consistent with organizational policies and test strategies
- Continuously monitor and control the test activities to achieve project objectives
- Assess and report relevant and timely test status to project stakeholders
- Identify skills and resource gaps in their test team and participate in sourcing adequate resources
- Identify and plan necessary skills development within their test team
- Propose a business case for test activities which outlines the costs and benefits expected
- Ensure proper communication within the test team and with other project stakeholders
- Participate in and lead test process improvement initiatives
Who should attend
This course is intended for all test professionals that are or will become involved in test management. Typical attendees are test managers, test leaders, test consultants and senior testers. Nowadays many Agile testers are also performing several tasks within their team that relate to traditional test management.
Attendees to the course ISTQB Advanced Test Manager will receive a complimentary copy of the book “The Testing Practitioner” written by Erik van Veenendaal.
ISTQB Advanced Test Manager exam
Attendees to the course can take the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager exam (provided they meet the entry criteria). The exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions whereby a score of 65% or higher is required to pass the exam. With more than 500.000 people certified, ISTQB is the world-wide standard for software testing certification
CPE Point: 36